Solid hardwood is favored by many as being the most genuine flooring material available. It is also a sign of luxury and is a choice of most people who can afford an expensive-looking material. On the other hand, laminate flooring is a cost-effective solution that is installed to mimic hardwood floors by those who are on a tight budget.
Unquestionably, there is no match to the quality of a hardwood floor where solid tree cuts are made into 3/4th inch thick boards and installed with utmost perfection by many professionals. However, that does not eliminate laminate from the market at all as it has its perks.
If you are looking for a genuine hardwood dealer in your locality in Australia, you must take a look at various professional flooring companies listed on the Flooring Domain website. It is a reliable online directory that many people use to search for everything related to floorings, like installation of commercial floors, bathroom flooring, repair related to flooring, and much more.
Solid wood and laminate: The differences and usability
Solid hardwood flooring is made up of several flooring planks entirely obtained from solid hardwood. The edges of thick boards are given tongue-and-groove structures which are interlocked while installation. After installation, varnishing and staining complete the entire process. Many sellers are also dealing with prefinished hardwood floors as well, which have gained a lot of popularity recently.
Contrary to hardwood, laminate flooring has a fiberboard core layer on top of which a design layer is digitally printed to make it look like hardwood. Lastly, a top protective wear layer is applied which makes the laminate resistant to staining and scratching. The click-lock edges present on the laminate board help in keeping the laminate layers together.
Many listed laminate floor dealers on Flooring Domain in the USA are genuine and provide superior quality flooring material choices. They also assist with professional installation and you can expect quick responses to the clarifications that you want to get on this platform.
When we compare the two materials discussed above,
- There is no competition that solid hardwood receives in terms of appearance as it can instantly lift the vibe of the house.
- Laminate is, however, more resistant to moisture and areas prone to constant exposure to water and chemicals such as those present in laundry detergents.
- Varnishing is required on hardwood floors at regular intervals and mopping must be done with a damp cloth without using too much water.
- You can clean a laminate with a broom or vacuum.
- Hardwood if properly maintained can last for a lifetime. Properly maintained laminate, however, has a maximum life of 10 years.
- Laminate is much easier to install and can be done by following DIY steps as well.
- For Hardwood floor installation, you will rely on experienced professionals.
- Hardwood increases the resale value.
If you are still wondering which one is a better flooring material, you can refer to the expert blogs available on Flooring Domain to clarify all your doubts and choose a good flooring material that best fits your requirement.